template

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine

Happy Valentine's Day! Jillian was certainly into the holiday this year, though I managed to squeak by with minimal effort due to frantic packing efforts for our upcoming trip and a cold I can't seem to kick. After a fun morning of play at the RAC with her buddy, Max, we returned home for lunch where she dined on a festive meal of PBJ and apples.


I continued the theme when I served dinner (her cheese bread and applesauce were also heart-shaped), but Daddy upped the ante when he arrived home with a valentine plate and cup. Big points for him. Next, he pushed her excitement over the edge when he revealed a traditional valentine package--a heart-shaped box filled with a teddy bear and chocolates.


 She was as giddy as a 16 year old with a new car. I have never seen anything like it. She gushed with thanks and adoration.....
"Oh, Daddy, thank you so much", "This is sooo sweet, Daddy!" "Daddy, you are my best!" (guess I got kicked to the curb...thought I was her best?!?), "Oh Daddy, this is so lovely!", and my very favorite: "Hold my hands, Dad". He did, and then she gazed into his eyes and said, "Daddy this is the best thing I never got".
Wish I had snapped a photo of that one! She really laid it on thick. If you were a fly on the wall, you might have seen me pretending to gag myself at the other end of the table. My more practical gifts of stickers, DVD for the plane ride, and sunglasses for Hawaii were not received with much enthusiasm as I anticipated. You just never know what kind of response you might get from our Jilly Bean!
Oh, and yes, A got a valentine too...a new book. Daddy also brought home my favorite--tulips.

No comments:

Post a Comment