What a year this has been! It was one for the record books, full of change and milestones.
- Matt finished ten long years of post-college training, completing a fellowship in MSK radiology. He started his first official "real job" as a radiologist at Mayo Clinic--a well-deserved honor. I am indescribably proud of him.
-Adrienne was born, turning us into a family of four. Her birth was a beautiful event I will never forget, and I am so grateful for the gift of another healthy child. She is an absolutely wonderful baby.
-Jillian began her journey in education when she started Kingdom Kids Christian Preschool in September. It has been a great match for her, and she is truly loving her experience. She turned 3 shortly thereafter, and continually amazes us with her smarts, curiosity, social nature, and ability to remember absolutely everything.
-We moved to a different house in November, committing to what we feel will be a long-term residence for us. We love the outdoor space, the house, and the thought of all the memories we hope to make here. After all these years of moving somewhere every 4 years or so, we find it a bit strange, yet so wonderful, to intentionally attempt to put some roots down.
-I am settling into the dance of mothering two children. I didn't realize how "easy" I had it with "just one child", and I have the utmost respect for mothers of more than two kids! It is hard, it is crazy, it is time consuming, it is self-sacrificing, but it is wonderful. I realized today that it was exactly two years ago that I walked out of the working world, and into that of a stay-at-home-mom. It has gone so fast. Though I continue to keep my OT license, and intend to work again someday, I am pretty comfortable where I am for now. I am grateful for the opportunity to be home with my girls, and though I am often guilty of griping about the demands of the 24/7 job, I really do love it. I have developed wonderful friendships with other moms, find myself busier than ever with our activities, and enjoy the routine that we have made.
I really am grateful for each experience (both the ups and downs) of this last year, and am deeply humbled by the blessings we have been given. I look forward to watching our girls grow and change, and to the adventures we will have as a family in the coming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment