template

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Two Months Old

Sweet Adrienne is two months old today! She is such a bundle of snuggles, and it is safe to say that we all are in love with her. I still feel like my brain is mush, courtesy of fatigue and general mommyness, but I'm going to do my best to summarize our two month old. Adrienne....

....is becoming a social butterfly, and can really "talk" up a storm. I can just be standing near her and she starts "chatting", working to get my attention. Matt and I were trying to watch a show the other night as I was holding her and she was certainly doing her best to keep my eyes fixed on her. It is impossible to resist her grin and soft coos.

....is a busy baby. When she is awake, she is quite active and can really move and shake her arms and legs.Now I know what she was doing in the womb the whole time she was in there, and it certainly explains why I felt like she was ALWAYS moving.

...is strong. She can hold her head up well and can bear some weight through her legs. During tummy time she makes crazy crawling movements and can lift her head briefly. Matt keeps trying to make the case that she is ready for the Bumbo seat, but this OT mom says she is not.

...is a wild woman in the evenings. I think she just decides to maximize the attention of mom and dad once Jillian is in bed. Like clockwork, Adrienne becomes very unsettled and almost agitated around 7-8 p.m. and doesn't stop moving, fussing, or wanting to nurse until she falls asleep somewhere between 10 and 11. Truth be told, it is pretty exhausting at a time of day that we are ready to wind down.

....is pretty good at going with the flow. I can generally count on her to fall asleep in her car seat if we are out or need to leave the house. We will see if she can hang with the schedule once Jillian starts preschool and we resume other extra curricular activities next week. 

...is a growing girl! She had her two month visit with Dr. V this morning and she is now 11 lbs 13 oz (74%) and 23 1/2 inches (85%). Her head circumference falls in the 75th percentile. While at said Dr appt, we also decided to do a trial of Zantac to see if that helps ease some perceived discomfort surrounding her excessive spitting up. She continues to have this nagging case of thrush (that doesn't seem to cause her any problems), so we continue with treatment and were reminded by Dr. V that time is on our side with this little issue.

...is starting to sleep for longer periods at night. I can usually count on about a 5 hour stretch (10ish to 3ish), but sometimes get lucky and get 6. On two occasions in the last 2 weeks I've gotten 7--woo hoo! Hopefully she will continue to stretch it out. Everyone benefits when momma is well-rested!

...got 3 shots an an oral vaccine at her Dr. appt this morning. She wailed briefly and settled quickly, doing much better than I expected based on my experience with Jillian's 2 month shots. I remembered taking a picture of Jillian sporting her bandaids after the appt, so I did so of Adrienne as well. She has been very sensitive and fussy tonight post-shots, so she didn't quite appreciate my picture taking desire. Poor baby.


Just for fun...here is that shot of Jillian I just mentioned

A happier baby, talking to her big sister and Daddy, as they did their best to kiss away her boo-boos


Adrienne, you are a wonderful and absolutely beautiful baby. What did we ever do without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment