template

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet Tooth

I think it's safe to say that Jillian inherited my sweet tooth. She barely sits down to any meal before asking, "Can I have a treat?" I have probably conditioned her to do this, as I have so wrongly often bribed her with one to get her to try a new food (this goes against every professional belief I have about feeding...but when it's your own kid you can't seem to stick to your rules!). In any case, she loves desserts of most any kind as long as chocolate is involved (heaven forbid she enjoy any kind of fruit dessert...that would border on actually consuming something healthy!). On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for her friend, Jayson. She was like a  moth to a flame as she immediately found the table that held M&M's, chocolate chip cookies, and suckers. After sampling each of those treats, she was given a fruit juice bar to help her cool off during play in the warm afternoon. She has never enjoyed popsicles before, but perhaps the social pressure led her to cave. You can tell by her expression in this photo that she clearly changed her tune.
We had to leave the party before cake was served due to Matt being on call, but we did not escape without our treats--3 cupcakes with mounds of brightly colored frosting. Jillian quietly left the party without the Navy Seal-type extraction Matt anticipated due to being promised the enjoyment of one of said cupcakes upon our return home. She was in heaven.


Staying true to form, I of course ate my cupcake (sans frosting), but Matt so graciously saved his blue-frosted cupcake for Jillian to enjoy last night. A post-dinner cupcake two nights in a row...what more could a 2 year old dessert fanatic ask for??? I'll tell you what her mom would ask for--a clean up crew!!
Perhaps it's difficult to see, but look closely for the tiny chocolate brown crumbles all over the floor, the table, her booster seat, clothes, and inside her bib!
I suppose it's all worth it in the name of some good, messy, sweet fun--yum yum!
And on a side note--check out this little girl's killer curls!

1 comment:

  1. J definitely has some Birnbaum in her! = ) These pics are great! Can't wait to see you guys in 10 days!

    ReplyDelete