template

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Play Themes

Jillian seems fascinated by all things pertaining to school these days. She is now able to play alone in her room for short periods of time without direct supervision, and I love listening to her through the monitor. On one occasion I heard her reading her animals a story, referring to them as "kids" and to herself as "the teacher". Today, I entered her room and observed her carrying out another school scenario, this time using her Little People. She beamed as she told me that she needed more chairs for the kids (there are only 2 actual Little People chairs in her collection), so she just used blocks. I looked down and noticed she had brilliantly turned round Lego blocks upside down and created the perfect "chair" for the remaining kids in her "class". That is improvisation at it's best, folks. Perhaps she has a future as an OT??? I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment