template

Monday, August 29, 2011

Savoring Summer

We are doing our best to soak up these last few days of summer. I can't help but feel a sense of dread when I think about what is to come. It makes it hard to enjoy all the wonderful parts of Fall's arrival when I know that Winter will arrive too soon and stay too long for my liking. My current strategy is to pretend that it won't happen. So today, we met some friends for a picnic lunch and play time at a local park. Jillian loved the car and train structures at this particular park
After sufficient exploration, it was time to head home for nap. Jillian and Malea decided to check out this statue for a bit on the way to the parking lot.

Both girls now understand basic parking lot safety, and agreed to hold hands. If this isn't cute, I'm not sure what is!

I had to include this picture as an aside. Jillian seems to have an affinity for nose picking these days. I am pretty sure I ask her to remove her finger from her nose about 75 times per day, and I have a heck of a time taking a picture where her finger is NOT in her nose right  now.

A sweet hug goodbye

Just in case you were wondering what the little sisters did to amuse themselves while their big sisters pounced around the park--here is a shot of Emmy and Adrienne. Your time will come soon enough, little ones! 
 

1 comment:

  1. so great to see the girls out enjoying the summer weather-hope you have a very happy birthday today! I would make you a cake if i lived a little closer :)

    ReplyDelete