template

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Drumroll Please.....


We had our 18 week anatomy scan this morning, and the results are in: it's another girl at the Howe house! I couldn't be more thrilled, and now I can reveal to the world that I secretly wanted another girl. I know many people might think that's odd, since it does seem "perfect" to have one of each, but perhaps those people don't know the secret of sisters. I have two sisters, and though it's true they can push my buttons like no other, I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are the best gift my parents ever gave me, and I can't imagine not having them in my life. I am so happy that Jillian will have a sister, and that this baby will have a sister in Jillian. It is difficult to put into words, but I think there is just something extra special about being a woman and having a sister. What a fantastic blessing. 
I admit I was worried at first about what Matt really thought about another girl. Wouldn't he really want a son? When I asked him this question he replied, "I always thought I would be the kind of guy who needed a son, but now that I have a girl, I know how great it is and I am glad we are having another one". So there you have it, daughter #2, proof that your daddy loves having little girls! 
It is difficult not to focus on gender discovery during this big scan, but we heard great news about lots more important stuff as far as baby cooking goes. The scan was normal by all accounts, and all of her major organ systems, etc are functioning and forming as they should. It is an enormous relief to see this, and so difficult to comprehend the miracle of it all. If you stop and think about it, that's what it really is. 
After the scan we met with Dr. J and discussed how the pregnancy is going, and had another due date conversation. The baby measured right in line with my original due date of June 25th, so that is something for us to be aware of. They will not, however, officially change the revised due date of July 1 from the first scan at this point. I expressed my actual fears about the due date discrepancy with Dr J, which relate to my Factor V Leiden and the problems that can occur in an overdue pregnancy. He laid my fears to rest when he said we'd be talking about a potential induction at 39 weeks if my cervix was soft and ready. I then told him I'd quit bugging him about changing my due date from here on out :) Other info from the appt includes continued good blood pressure (104/58), and a 3 lb weight gain (total of 7 lbs). Yahoo! This was much better than I anticipated given my current snack choices (see previous post). I'll return in four weeks for another check. Finally, here's what you really came for....some pics of our daughter.

Legs--if you know your anatomy, you can see her tibia and fibula nicely


Two wittle feet



Lady parts! (Arrow pointing between legs)

Beautiful profile


Alien face. Still. I can't wait to see her sweet cheeks in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment