template
Monday, January 24, 2011
Chips and Ice Cream
I am consuming a lot of chips and ice cream these days. Not at the same time, just strategically across the day. When Jillian naps, I tend to take a nap too. I have a million other things to do, but fatigue and common sense force me to take the rest time. When I wake, I usually have about a half hour or so before I can expect her to rise, and this is my secret snack time. These last several days I have found myself devouring a large bowl of Lays Sour Cream and Cheddar chips (impulse buy when I saw the sale) and an ice cold caffeine-free diet coke. My grammy would be proud. She loved herself an afternoon snack of chips and a soda. I never buy chips, because Matt is a salt lover and would eat them in no time flat. Now, I am the one craving that salty crunch. It's important to balance out that saltiness with some sweetness, though, don't you think? This brings me to my bedtime snack. Enter Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream. This is my weapon of choice these days. I get the biggest glass I can find, pack it to the top with ice cream, add a splash of milk, and stir until it's a bit softened. Oh my. Just the perfect potion for a pregnant woman's night cap. I am sure my weight gain is not going to be pretty at my appt tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment