template

Monday, June 25, 2018

School's Out!

Last day of school (3rd and 1st grades) was June 6th. That year flew by for me!






Comparing first and last days. On to 2nd and 4th grades!

I'm trying a new chore system this year (no more buckets with clothes pins). The girls take turns (M-F) being "Mom's Helper". When you are mom's helper, you help me throughout the day with whatever is needed--no questions asked. But--you also get to choose the TV shows, songs for the car (each girl has their own customized Spotify playlist), and choose any fun activities/treats we might enjoy throughout the day. This is working really well so far.

The day after school got out, we visited the bookmobile for the first time. It was super fun!


That weekend, Matt went to Madison with some friends for his Half Ironman and the girls and I hung out so that I could prepare for our upcoming Paris trip. We had a super rainy Saturday, so I made a spa afternoon in my bathroom for them. This is the stuff girl mom life is made of!



Jillian and I had a quick solo dinner date after her summer basketball league game--Matt was still in Madison, and Adrienne got to go to Squash Blossom pizza farm with Charlie and his family.

Adrienne dressed as Amelia Earhart out in the driveway "flying". She is so creative.

The following week the girls went to Quarry Hill camp in the mornings and we carpooled with Charlie. On Tuesday I took the kids for lunch at Pi Pizza, to the park and to Flapdoodles after camp.

Adrienne got promoted to yellow belt in TaeKwonDo! She is so proud and works so hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment