template

Friday, June 29, 2018

Paris--Day 4

I loved breakfast at Claus so much, I took Matt there the next day. Homemade vanilla yogurt with fresh mango? Yes, please. 

Our plan was to get to the Orsay when it opened, but as we arrived we learned there was a strike and the museum wouldn't be open that day. Ugh! So we wandered toward plan B--The Rodin. Along the way we noticed a small carnival being set up that included a monster truck. We had to chuckle at the idea of a monster truck in France and Matt wanted his picture taken.
The Thinker
Beautiful gardens throughout the Rodin


Matt always pulls on the girls' toes to see if they have "snappers" (if they pop), so he was checking this sculpture for snappers.
This one was my favorite--this is the embodiment of motherhood in my opinion--kids hanging all over you!




We needed a fast lunch so that Matt could go to the conference to present, so we ended up at Cosi again. I could eat that fresh goat cheese smeared on a sandwich every single day. And that apple crumble.
We sat at the same table both days. Charming view and wonderful food.


While Matt was at the conference, I went back to Bon Marche (addicted), and then marched over the river to Les Caves Du Louvre for my wine tour. Les Caves Du Louvre is literally down in caves and tunnels where French kings used to store their wine. They turned it into a really cool spot for hands on wine education and tasting. Our guide was awesome and I learned so much. It's all French wine all the time for me now. I am happy to longer be intimidated!








I took my time wandering back to Saint Germain after my tour (and generous samplings that may have included an extra glass of rose at the end) and enjoyed the scenery as I crossed the river.


Dinner Tuesday night was truly special. We ended up at Boutary, and quickly decided just to throw caution to the wind and enjoy the chef's tasting dinner for that night. Eight courses. Matt got the caviar pairing, and I got the wine pairing, and we enjoyed a nearly 4 hour dinner with a wonderful and attentive waiter. 
Matt eating caviar off his hand--this is apparently the way you are supposed to do it.
This smoked potato with caviar and lemon cream was unreal. Add it to the list (along with that triple cream brie with truffles) of my top 10 things I've ever tasted in my life.

Just look at the outside of this place. LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment