template

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Odds and Ends

Trying to catch up with December happenings...

-Our Elf, Simon, returned after Thanksgiving and he has been upping his game. Generally he just moves from hiding spot to hiding spot, but for some reason this year he's getting a bit more engaging. My personal favorite was when he saw the girls' bathroom looking like this, and decided to say something about it. It worked like a charm! The bathroom is now spotless.



The girls sat with me for over an hour and helped with Christmas cards! Jillian was my stamper, and Adrienne put on the address labels.

The girls are doing better with eating bits of vegetables. They do best with baby spinach leaves or spring greens on their plate. At least I thought they did. Adrienne has been pulling this little trick that I don't discover until I'm cleaning up AFTER the meal. She is sneaky!!

Cold weather and snow means that my mudroom looks like this every.single.day at 4 p.m. It is generally the moment I look at the clock and wish it was 5. The wine desire grows strong!

Jillian rediscovered her fashion plates after about 2 years of keeping them in the closet. Now she is obsessed with them and even made a little book she titled "Book of Awesome Fashions: Volume 1". Apparently we will have more volumes someday. They even got Matt in on the fashion plate action one evening.


Matt and I got invited to go to the Minnesota Wild game last weekend with our friends Felix and Charie Diehn. We'd never been to an NHL game before, and I have to say that it was loads of fun. Matt immediately bought a new stocking hat. You can see him here watching warm ups...



Thumbs up for a Wild win!

A fun night with good friends. We were reminiscing that the Diehns were our first Rochester friends. Felix was 2 years ahead of Matt in residency, and Charie was my Mayo Fellows sponsor who reached out when we moved here over 10 years ago. We were just young childless couples then.  They had us over for dinner and we remained friends. Jillian and Malea are 3 weeks apart, and Adrienne and Emmy are 3 months apart (they also had a little boy 2 years ago, but we decided to let them go on that 3 children adventure alone--ha!).


This week was Spirit Week at school, coupled with the food drive. The deal is that you can participate in dress up days if you bring food to donate. My favorite day was "Dress Like Your Teacher". The girls had very specific ideas of what they could wear and they looked adorable.

Simon got captured by the Disney Villains! Looks like Ursula got caught holding the tape...

Wednesday was Career Day. Jillian dressed as an author (no pics), and Adrienne's desire was a bit tricky. She is still insistent that she will create Cereal World (like Disney World...sort of) someday. So, after much discussion, we decided that an engineer would be the person who could design this masterpiece. Then she remembered that Uncle John is an engineer, and so she wanted to dress how he would dress for work. So we did our best with what we had, and then she also insisted on her props of bowl and spoon.

After a dramatic finale, where my washer got "stuck" running and wouldn't stop--smelling hot like it was going to catch fire (and poorly timed at 11 pm when Matt was out of town)--I bought a new washer/dryer on Tuesday and it was delivered on Wednesday! Hallelujah for limited laundry interruption! I can't unsee this scene I found under the machines when they pulled them out....

After some major shop-vac use and floor mopping, things are looking much better now!


After waiting for 3 long weeks, Jillian's glasses finally arrived. She was SO excited to hear the news of their arrival, and we rushed to Huber right after school.

I had Sabrina tell her how to take care of the glasses, since I knew it would go over better coming from her. She was listening intently

My adorable big girl. Love her in these glasses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment