template

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was lovely. Just the four of us enjoying time together. Jillian was up at 3 a.m. because she woke up excited (we told them not to come downstairs until 6). She had apparently already been awake since exactly 1:58 a.m. and was reading, trying to go back to sleep. I sent her back up, but she came down at least 3 more times before 6. This meant I was also up at 3 for the day.

Excited kids ready to open their stockings. These worry eaters (cute creatures with zippered mouths for "eating" your worries you write down on paper) were quite the hit.

Real Minnesotans need these.

Santa left some walkie talkies--endless fun for hours!

Jillian begged for an American Girl doll for a long time. We finally decided to bite the bullet. Meet Samantha.

Adrienne did not get an American Girl doll (yet), but she DID get a 36" tall Elsa.

I asked for a snorkel set to take to Hawaii, and Matt delivered. I'm excited to try this braces friendly snorkel gear out! I bet I get a few stares.

It's possible to enjoy 3 gifts at once...

We finally finished this 400 pc puzzle as a family. Samantha helped too.

After showing the girls The Christmas Story for the first time, we had a delicious meal of pasta and I blew the girls' minds with the lava cakes for dessert. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Christmas: the aftermath. Can you spot two children, and one large doll who looks like she had a rough night?

No comments:

Post a Comment