template

Sunday, December 13, 2015

In The Spirit

We enjoyed a fun weekend of holiday events at the country club to help get us in the spirit. On Saturday, we attended the family gingerbread house making. It was an exercise of restraint for all--for the kids to not hoard/eat all the candy, and the adults to not lose our minds managing the chaos! We enjoyed a delicious pasta buffet as we decorated our house, and chatted with the Tauntons who were seated at the table next to us. I love the idea of making a gingerbread house, but hate the mess it makes, so I was elated to walk away from it when we were done.















And today, we headed back to the country club after church for the annual Santa Brunch. The theme this year was 'princess and superheroes', so the kids were invited to dress up as either. Santa was of course there, and the bonus (for Adrienne especially) was that Elsa herself was at the brunch! She read stories to the kids, and even signed autographs. The food was amazing (so much to even think to list) and we all enjoyed really fun family time. They also had a horse drawn sleigh ride going outside, but it was rainy so we skipped out on that.

Our youngest princess just as we were seated.


Princess Jillian dressed as the Little Mermaid

Santa came for a chat. He reminded the girls that he likes cookies and milk, and put Jillian in charge of milk and Adrienne in charge of cookies. I am sure they will not forget.

Queen Elsa reading her story

After story time, we finally hit the dessert table. Man, oh man, did we have some fun. Adrienne devoured a huge piece of yule log cake and a cookie.

Jillian was excited about her Gingerbread boy cookie


Daddy went straight for the giant iced sugar cookie

And I....well, let's just say I took just about one of everything. Flourless chocolate torte, turtle brownie, carrot cake, mini cupcake. If the creme brulee hadn't been gone when I was up there, you can bet I would have nabbed that, too.





Following Elsa to get her autograph...



I am sure we will have this napkin forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment