We told the girls that we didn't want to see them until 7 a.m. on Christmas morning. I knew we were in trouble when I heard Jillian up in her room above ours at 5:15. I got up to go to the bathroom and laid back down, trying to fall back asleep, unsuccessfully. At 5:45, Jillian politely entered our room and said she had tried and tried to go back to sleep, but she couldn't. So I just asked her to get up with me and help me with breakfast. The little bit of noise in the kitchen woke Adrienne and by 6:15 everyone was up and at em. We opened stockings, then ate a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon around 6:30 before settling into open the gifts around 7:30.... bed head and all.
Later in the day, the girls dressed in their new outfits "like Mom's workout clothes" and then we played some games as a family. The new playing card holders really help them out.
We had a bunch of appetizers for dinner, then celebrated Jesus' birthday with ice cream sundaes. We used to make a cake, but last year I discovered that using leftover chocolate fondue made a great chocolate sauce for ice cream. Add some crushed Oreos, whipped cream, and sprinkles and you have yourself a proper celebration, no cake required. Happy Birthday, Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment