template

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was relaxing and special. The girls were involved in singing with the kids at church, and I was part of the worship band for the first time. I can't describe what a wonderful experience this was for me, and I am so grateful I was invited to participate. I look forward to singing more as needs arise. I had to leave early for another rehearsal, so I did the girls' hair and it was then up to Matt to get them dressed and to church on time for their rehearsal and the first service. I was proud of him for remembering to snap a picture before they left.

Kids on stage. You can see Adrienne goofing it up in the front, and Jillian's face just behind her and to the right, smiling. Apparently Adrienne got hot, because Matt has a video of her unbuttoning her sweater and holding it out to him to take from her mid-performance.

Rare family shot before Matt and the girls left and I stayed to also sing at the second service.
After I got home, we had our tradition of cheese and chocolate fondue for dinner. I'll give you one guess which one Adrienne preferred...

The girls opened their presents to each other (I seem to have no pictures of this, but it's one of my very favorite moments) and the obligatory jammies. Man, how I adore Hanna Anderson nightgowns. May my girls never outgrow them!

Another of my favorite moments is snapping a pic of  the tree in the stillness of the night before Christmas, with my Santa duties done and awaiting the eager children of the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment