template

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dad and Me

This is a year of  preschool "lasts" for our family (tear). Adrienne and Matt attended Dad and Me Sports Night on Tuesday. It never fails that Matt gets put on a late rotation on this particular night, so as usual he was scrambling to get to school. He made it just in time and we completed the kid hand off in the parking lot.

Despite getting to attend this event three years herself, Jillian was forlorn that she was not invited and was stuck with me for the night. I decided we'd high tail it to Hobby Lobby so she could look at scrapbooking supplies. Last week she asked me what scrapbooking is (I do NOT do this), and as I told her about it I realized that this is right up her creative little alley. We took the Hobby Lobby fieldtrip so I could show her just how vast and endless the options are. Now she knows what to save her chore money for. And then, we went to Flapdoodles to grab some ice cream and have a chat. I'm such a drag, right? After dropping her sundae upside down on the floor (she did manage to eat all the whipped cream and hot fudge off of it first), I had to pony up and buy her another scoop. Pretty sure dropping your ice cream and having your parent replace it is a rite of passage.

Adrienne came home all hyped up on popcorn, bounce houses, and candy and tried to scare us with her new teeth from the treat bag. These babies are the constant source of entertainment and giggles around here. She's trying to keep track of them so she can wear them with her Halloween costume! We shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment