template

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Fun--Week 5

Jillian attended the Skyhawks Soccer Camp every morning this week. She loved it, and I was pleased at how well-run and positive it was. They actually learned about soccer! Always a bonus when they don't just fill a camp with crafts, but rather work on what they say they are. She did this camp with Will, which again, another added bonus for those two to have time together.  The bummer of the week is that she woke up with 102 fever on Friday, so missed the last day and the soccer showcase the kids were doing for their parents.

As for Adrienne, she went to the Tuesday morning RAC camp (the theme was camping, which was of course a hit), and then spent a lot of time with me running errands, or playing at kids club while I went to boot camp.

Matt and I met at the attorney's office to finalize, legalize, and sign our wills. It's not something I enjoyed doing, thinking about all the horrible scenarios and such, but I am so glad it's done and feel good for getting things in order for our family. Super creepy, however, so come home with these fancy looking documents.

On Saturday, we met my parents in Clear Lake and handed over the girls! They took them back to Des Moines for a few days of grandparent fun in "the land of yes" as my dad once called it. They enjoyed lots of sugar without the mommy treat police around and undivided attention. I'm not sure they even missed us.






Matt and I had our own fun, too! We took naps, worked out leisurely together at the RAC, had sushi, shopped for golf clubs, went to the driving range at the country club, watched movies, and binge watched the most recent season of House of Cards (best one yet).  On Saturday night, we finally tried the new Italian restaurant, Terza, and it did not disappoint! We had tiramisu for dessert, and I think it's the best I've ever had.

After dinner we went to Scheel's to look for golf clubs and wander around. Matt wanted me to play the shooting games upstairs. I'd never held a gun before and apparently my stance isn't super natural...but good for a laugh.









No comments:

Post a Comment