Malia and Matt,
Shhhhh It’s a surprise! I wanted to let you know that Jillian has been chosen as a “Terrific Kid” for our Terrific Kid Assembly on Friday, October 24th 10:10-10:40 (K-1st-2nd) in the gym.
Three friends from our class have been chosen for this assembly about respect. I have chosen them because they always work hard to do their best. They are always respectful and good role models.
You are welcome to come to the assembly if you can.
The students don’t know anything about it. So, let’s keep it a surprise.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, Amy Dyer
I saw the e mail when we stopped for a pit stop on the way to Des Moines, and admit I got a bit teary. There's just something about hearing great news about your kid, ya know? With Matt overseas, I was dying to discuss it with him and wondering when he'd see it. It wasn't long before he sent me this message:
This brought tears to my eyes. I am so proud of her. This recognition is just what she needs right now because she is trying so hard to be a good student. So wonderful. It will be hard to keep a secret.
But, we did. We managed to keep this fun secret, and while Matt unfortunately couldn't attend the assembly, Adrienne and skipped Bible study to be there. I was glad that we were able to slip in the gymnasium and position ourselves so that Jillian didn't see us as her class was walking in.
![]() |
| Here come the kids! |
![]() |
| Standing up with the other kindergartners who won awards. Jillian was just bouncing around with excitement! |
![]() |
| Scanning the audience. She noticed there were parents in attendance, but it took her quite awhile to find me despite my frantic waving. |
![]() |
| Beaming. |
![]() |
| So proud of our "Terrific Kid"! |







No comments:
Post a Comment