template

Monday, October 13, 2014

Out of the Mouth of Adrienne

Adrienne's been on fire with some funnies lately. She continues to be Elsa/FROZEN obsessed. Last week when we pulled up to soccer practice on a chilly evening, I encouraged her to put her jacket on as we got out of the car. She responded by declining and immediately singing Elsa's famous line--"The cold never bothered me anyway"--perfectly, and right on cue. Saturday morning we awoke to a frost covered landscape. Adrienne was mesmerized. "Wow! It's so frozen outside!" I asked her if Elsa came and froze it overnight, and she replied, "No! I did that with my magic powers." Got it. 
Also, I'm slightly concerned that we somehow haven't correctly taught her animal identification. Today she was outside playing on the playset for a few minutes before trodding up the stairs to tell me she wanted to come inside. I asked her why she needed to come in, and she said, "There's peacocks out there." I played along and looked outside and assured her that there were not any peacocks on our property, but she persisted. "I don't like them. They pooped all over my orange shovel and they are making loud noises". I asked her what color these alleged peacocks were, and she assured me that they were black. We do not have any peacocks, but we sure do have plenty 'o crows around here. Lastly, as we were driving home from picking up Jillian from school, a flock of geese flew low over the car and into a field. Adrienne shouted, "Jillian! Did you just see all those bats?!?" I thought Jillian was going to explode she was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment