template

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Graduate


Wednesday was a big day for our family, and a special one for Jillian. She is officially a preschool graduate! Seems hard to believe, but our "baby" is headed for kindergarten. This is so bittersweet for me, more so than I expected. I am excited for her to begin her new adventure, but suddenly feel sad about her growing older. This is a new feeling for me, and one that I should just go ahead and get used to. If graduating from preschool makes me feel this way, how in the world do parents handle high school/college graduations, and weddings? Whew. One occasion at a time, I suppose. We are so proud of you, Jillian. You loved every second of these last three years of preschool, and it was a blessed experience for all of us. Kingdom Kids Preschool holds a special place in my heart, and I'm so glad I don't have to say goodbye yet, as Adrienne is headed there in the Fall. Here are some highlights of Jillian's big day....


First day of school this year, September 2013


Last day of school, May 21, 2014

She changed quite a bit, huh? 

Jillian's class. What a precious, sweet bunch of kids. They are very close knit and it was hard to say goodbye. The sad thing is that every single one of these kids is going to a different kindergarten! That alone should give you a taste of how crazy and vast the choices for school are in this town. So we remember (L to R): Jonah, Jillian, EmmaClaire, Veronica, Austin, Gavin, Payton, Ella, Caitlin, and Silas.
Picking her up from her last day of school. Getting a treat bag from Mrs Schimek. This is when I actually cried for the first time. 

We started the school year with a trip to Flapdoodles with our buddies (Ella and Chloe) after the first day, so it was only fitting that we returned to rock the ice cream parlor once again on the last day.

Silly faces!
After ice cream we went home and cleaned up. Matt came home and then we all headed to a pre-graduation dinner at Jillian's restaurant of choice--Pi pizza. After we ate, we gave Jillian a little gift that we thought she'd like to wear that night--a silver cross necklace. She was delighted.



A couple pre dinner shots before we left the house



The second time I cried. I dropped her off in her classroom before the graduation, and got teary once again when Mrs Schimek put her graduation cap on her.


Waiting for the graduates to march in.

See Jillian? She's in the back row, 9th from the left. The third time I cried was when they actually played "Pomp and Circumstance" as the graduates marched in. After that I was too busy trying to video everything that I had no time to cry.


All smiles! Post ceremony and in the gym for some refreshments

With her buddy, Jonah. I am going to devote a separate post to the most precious gift he gave Jillian on the last day of school. 

Our babysitter, Eleyna, came to the graduation and brought Jillian her first ever corsage


Little sister has a bit of hat envy

Closer-up view of the love birds

Three buddies...Ella, Jonah, and Jillian

An official photo with Mrs Schimek

Girlfriends! Jillian, Caitlin, and Ella

Beautiful, happy big girl.

Love this one of a kind ray of sunshine.

Opening another gift from us at bedtime--her first official Bible in a version best suited for 6-10 year old kids (she can't believe it has all the verses in it, just like mine, instead of the Storybook Bible we've been using), imprinted with her name on it.  She is really proud of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment