template

Monday, April 14, 2014

This Kid

Adrienne is really too much. She is so darn ornery and funny and all kinds of crazy good stuff wrapped up into one little person. I am quickly figuring out that she knows I am historically inconsistent where disciplining her is concerned, and as a result, she often calls my bluff. I guess it's true what they say about having a soft spot for your 'baby'. It's either that, or I am just worn out. At any rate, I can't keep track of all the goofy things that come out of Adrienne's mouth these days, but I am trying. Most of the comic material comes out while she is sitting on the toilet at night before bed as a stall tactic. Her ability to just let a stream of consciousness loose is pretty hilarious. A verbatim sample of one of our potty time convos last week...
"Mom we have a white trash can. It's over there in the corner. What color is your shirt mom? (before I can answer she continues) It's the color green, Mom. See that toy up there (in the bathtub toy netting that is high on the shower wall)? I can reach it cuz I'm big. You are big too Mom. That means you can fix stuff. Daddy can fix stuff, too. (I then interject--"Adrienne, you need to finish and get back to bed) Stop, Mom! You're making it worse! You're making it worser! You're driving MY nuts! Mom. I have snakes in my bottom. They are in poopy jail. I think they are brown. I want my snakes to be green. Green is my favorite color. Your favorite color is red. I got my snakes out! I'm done!" True story.


Today while eating lunch at Pi with me she decided to enlighten me on her theory about babies. "Mom, I see a cute baby over dare! Babies can't walk. Their moms haf to carry dem because they don't have feet" Oh really? "Yep. They don't like shoes and they don't have feet". Alrighty then.
Just in case you were wondering, cookie monster ice cream doesn't make your snakes green....but it does make them blue!


In a risky mom move I took this kid to the salon with me for a 90 minute cut/foil/brow wax appt last week. I was scared, but armed with the appropriate electronic babysitter. The only issue we had was when my hair was being cut and pieces of it landed on her screen. Oh, the horrors! "Mom, get that gross hair off of here!" Lord, help me.

The thrill of choosing whatever sparkly treat looks best at Starbucks worked a little hair appt magic. Bribery has its place, people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment