template

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ice Show

The Rochester Figure Skating Club holds a show every Spring. Matt has taken Jillian the last two years, and this year Adrienne and I were lucky enough to get invited! Oh the perks of a nap-free life (there aren't many). I was telling Matt how nice it is that our kids are getting old enough that we can enjoy all these fun outings as a family. I have missed a lot of them the last three years because A has been too young to enjoy them. She was delighted to be invited. The show was impressive, and I was surprised at the large number of participants, from preschool through post-high school. Incidentally, I had already signed the girls up for ice skating this summer (a short learn-to-skate class) and Jillian is even more elated at the idea that this is something she could potentially continue and participate in a show such as this. Jillian was transfixed during the entire show, following along in the program with Matt for upcoming numbers. Adrienne was pretty into it, but more so the lights and music. She was disappointed that there weren't any Frozen songs, but that didn't stop her from periodically singing "Let It Go" and from engaging the Grandma behind us in a conversation about how her hair was styled like "Anna at coronation day" and that her hair was going to turn white.

Pre-show anticipation

The promised intermission treat. Matt and Jillian brought back Ring Pops and it was Adrienne's first. It was a brilliant idea, becuase it takes a long time to eat and antsy Adrienne was excited about her "jewel". It bought good behavior for most of the second act when she was starting to get a bit fatigued. 

Sugar trance

No comments:

Post a Comment