template

Monday, January 13, 2014

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday to our favorite guy, who turned 36 today! You can bet the girls were excited for him to get home so we could celebrate him. As soon as Jillian got home from school, she and Adrienne changed into their Christmas dresses so we could have a proper party. We were happy that Daddy could get home earlier than usual today, and we enjoyed the evening of opening gifts, eating his requested meal (chicken fajitas), and feasting on yellow cake with chocolate frosting (both new scratch recipes for me, and I will definitely be sharing on the food blog--the frosting was a-mazing).  Jillian asked to say a special prayer before we ate, and she so sweetly thanked God for her dad. I wish I could remember what she said exactly, but alas, I do not.  She made sure I understood the meaning of birthdays earlier this morning when she told me that "birthdays are about telling someone you love and care about them; it's not just about the cake and presents". Hmmm...wonder if she'll remember that wisdom come October 29th? Happy Birthday, Matt! May this be a year full of blessings for the king of our hearts.
"Here Dad, open this card I made ya"



"And here, Dad, let me help you with this present I bought for you"

"And let me help you open the gift Adrienne picked out for you"

Every Minnesota man needs some proper snow gloves. 8 years later, it's about time.

Counting candles. He was lucky I only had one-third his age...

Jillian's lips crack me up

Love the happy clappers

Hooray for birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment