template

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sip and See

I met a wonderful group of ladies through my Bible study last year, and they have become great friends. Most of them are stay at home moms, and they really were crucial to helping me adjust to being at home, and continue to provide that support I need. I was so touched to learn that they wanted to throw a baby shower for me. I really felt this was unnecessary because I was having my second baby, and even more so because it was another girl and we had everything we needed--but, they insisted. So, we decided on a "sip and see", where the shower would be held after the baby arrived so that all could meet her. On July 18th, we did just that! It was a lovely evening with friends and we enjoyed wine and dessert (two of my favorite things!) while the baby was passed around and we chatted. I was glad my mom was still in town so that she could attend and meet more of my friends. I am completely embarrassed to report that I didn't take ANY pictures! I took my camera, but was too busy chatting, eating, and feeding Adrienne to snap any. I think mom got a few, but I don't have them to upload to the blog. Despite the lack of photos, I wanted to document the event and express my appreciation to these ladies for loving on us--thank you Jaci, Kara, Jess, and Betsy...I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment