template

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bath Time!

Adrienne got her first "real" bath yesterday at 16 days old. Her umbilical stump actually fell off kind of early at 4 days, but her belly button still looked a bit wet, so we continued sponge bathing until things dried up appropriately. Here is our little beauty before the big bath event--bright eyed, unaware of the fun to come!


 Soon it was time to hit the tub. Grammy got us a very cool new puj tub that enabled us to bathe Adrienne more comfortably in our small bathroom sink. I started the bathing process.....
 ...and then my faithful assistant joined me. Daddy and Grammy played paparazzi for the event. Jillian wasn't sure what to think, except she still couldn't understand exactly why Adrienne could not just take a bath with her. We will have 2 sisters in the big tub soon enough!
I gave Jillian the task of rinsing Adrienne's hair, and she did a lovely job.
 I'm not sure if Jillian is just proud of her work as official hair rinser, or if she's secretly laughing that Adrienne didn't find her bath to be the most enjoyable experience...I was afraid to ask!
Hopefully Adrienne will change her opinion of bathing with time and more frequent exposure. She was not a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment