template

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

39 Week Appt

Dr. J officially jinxed me last week when he said I might not need my appt this week. I woke up this morning still pregnant, so Matt (off on baby-waiting vacation) and I headed in. Here's the scoop:

-Weight: holding steady. No loss or gain. This pleases me, especially considering that I made an emergency trip to Culver's last night for a double scoop of chocolate frozen custard with Heath bars.

-BP: 112/64

-Baby heart rate: 150-155

-The exam revealed that I am still 70-80% effaced, but now 3 cm dilated, and he stripped my membranes again.

We talked about the plan from here on out. I am to stop taking my baby aspirin because he feels I am so close that it's safe to do so, and it will "make your anesthesiologist much happier", meaning it will not give anyone reason to pause when I ask for an epidural.  We made one final appt for July 1st if it's needed (he said again it is highly unlikely that I will--hopefully not another jinxing statement). At that time we will likely discuss an induction for later that day. July 3rd is still a last resort option, but he gave the impression that he's not super comfortable with letting me go past the 1st since I'd technically be 40 weeks and 6 days pregnant at that point. Time will tell. I also landed myself an Ambien prescription when I told him I wasn't sleeping well. I'm not. I'm anxious and full of pent up energy that is making sleep tough right now. It's extra frustrating because I know how precious and rare sleep is about to become to me. Of course I am convinced that if I actually take it I will just happen to go into labor and be a lethargic slug. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment