-BP 114/58
-Baby heart rate 130-140, appropriate accelerations with movement
-Weight gain...up 3 more lbs, total of 37 (now just 1 lb shy of total weight gain with Jillian). I am counting this as a 1 lb weight gain, though. Dr. J said I probably am carrying 2 lbs of extra fluid this week with the heat wave we're having. Who am I to disagree with him??
-Head still down, and I was able to feel this through my belly for myself.
-Got swabbed for Group B strep, will learn results next visit (June 16th)
-The first cervical check revealed a 'soft' cervix and 1 cm dilation. Nothing to get too excited about at this point. I suddenly feel as though I'll be pregnant forever.
We chatted a bit about the plan as it shakes down to the end. Dr. J. said he'll add me on to make sure he sees me every week from here on out, and we talked delivery schedule and a plan for post due date induction if needed. Sounds like worst case scenario would have this little lady arriving on July 3rd. This really would be worst case scenario from our point of view, as Matt returns to work as an official staff radiologist on the 5th--the day I'd come home from the hospital. We'd of course prefer a June delivery that aligns nicely with Matt's 6 days of vacation and 2 days of usable paternity leave around the end of June, but we all know that babies have their own idea of when to arrive. We'll see how compliant this child is over the next couple of weeks.
And now for a bit of entertainment....
My exam revealed that the baby is hanging out over on my right side. I could really see this at dinner tonight, and tried to snap a pic of my rather lopsided belly with my phone. Doesn't quite do it justice.
We're having a lovely heat wave right now. I know it won't last...perhaps this sudden case of cankles won't either?


No comments:
Post a Comment