template
Friday, May 20, 2011
Vein-ful
These varicose veins have gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. They are becoming much more painful and prominent in both legs. I still am attached to my compression stockings, and they truly are the only reason I'm not sobbing over the cool spring weather we've had. In the last 24 hours, my right leg really began bothering me, and the pain behind my knee was intense enough to make it difficult to weight bear when first standing up in the morning, or in the middle of the night, after resting in the afternoon, etc. Though my leg didn't look red or swollen, I knew I should probably go get it checked out to be sure I didn't have a blood clot. I lucked out late on a Friday afternoon and got right in to see someone, who of course promptly sent me over to get a doppler. Though Jillian was in tow, she was amazing, sitting in her stroller happily eating away at whatever treats I could dig out of my purse and asking a million questions of every medical professional who was involved in the situation. Thankfully, all checked out clear, and it seems the culprit really is these darn varicose veins. They are not my favorite "side effect" of pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment