template

Sunday, May 15, 2011

In Case You Ever Wonder....

Dear Baby,

You may not realize it yet, but you have a big sister anxiously awaiting your arrival. We have talked you up big time, and think she grasps the idea of a sister as much as one can at the ripe old age of 2 1/2. I am here to tell you that she might have an unusual way of showing her excitement and love toward you. Two year olds can be funny that way. It's probable that she'll be jealous of how much you will need me, take your toys away, and accidentally cause you physical harm by trying to manhandle you. So, in case you ever wonder where you stand with her, I'd like to share some things I have heard over the last few weeks....

"Mommy, I want to find puddles to jump in with my baby sister" (After doing such activity herself)

"Mommy, I made this picture for my baby sister"

"Mommy, I want to go to the park with my baby sister"

"Mommy, I'm going to share my toys with my baby sister"

"Mommy, this flower is for my baby sister" (OK, so it was a dandelion, but to her, they are beautiful flowers)

"Mommy, my baby sister is going to watch Elmo with me"

"Mommy, this dress is for my baby sister"

And my absolute favorite, spoken after feeling you move through my belly at bedtime:
"Mommy, I want to open her". So you see, though she may not always show it, your big sister already knows what a wonderful gift is growing inside of me. We are all excited to meet you, sweet one.

xoxo, Your Mom....you know, the one you like to inflict pain upon by ramming your head into my bladder. Is that really necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment