template

Monday, May 23, 2011

35 Week OB Appt

Today was my 35 week OB appt, so I headed downtown to get the scoop....

--BP continues to be nice and low at 100/50

--Gained 5 more lbs these last 3 weeks...tipping the scales at +35 lbs from starting weight. I hope I'm almost done!!

--Baby heartrate 130-140

--Got another US to check head position only because upon physical exam he didn't like how hard a body part felt at the top of my uterus. That bony body part is a tiny pair of buns :). We were able to see that the head has moved farther down in my pelvis and is well-engaged.

Dr. J's words were: "Blood pressure good, baby doing well, plenty of fluid, weight gain perfect, I'm happy. All we need is a baby". There you have it. I'll return on June 6th for the Group B Strep swab and he'll start checking my cervix at that time. After the appt I headed down to admissions to pre-register and then met Matt for a quick trip to the new frozen yogurt place in the Mayo subway. Jillian was at Mayo Back-Up daycare all day, so I was able to get lots of little nesting tasks done. Pretty sure I overdid it physically, which is a reminder to me that the end really is near. Though I have a bazillion things I want/need to do, the little rest time I have now is about to become drastically limited. I need to try and be more mindful of putting my feet up....we'll see if I can follow that advice better than I did the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment