We celebrated Jillian's 9th birthday a few days early, since we would be at Disney World on her actual day. She requested a pizza dinner and chocolate lava cakes. Since Grandma and Pop Pop now live nearby in Byron they came over to join us!
Adrienne was so proud of her card she wrote to Jillian. I specifically love the spelling of 'hope' (howp) and 'present' (prezint)
I busted out some sparkling white grape juice for the meal and found my special birthday wine glass that my friend Julie gave me years ago at a party at her house. Jillian was delighted!
Dad and his birthday girl
Adrienne picked out the perfect gift for her book loving sister.
Sporting her new scarf
Grandpa and Debbie sent some fun gifts, and this Labyrinth game was a huge hit. Dad was especially excited as he had this game as a kid.
When she opened her gift from Matt and I, she was a bit confused as to why we were giving her a purple suitcase.
Then Matt explained that she would need it when she goes on her first ever solo conference trip with him to Scottsdale in February. She has been begging to go on a trip with him all by herself and she is SO excited!
Singing to our 9 year old
Can't believe I am the mother of a 9 year old!!
No comments:
Post a Comment