We packed A LOT of stuff in this last week of summer. Matt was in NYC all week, so we did it up right as a 'girls week'. On Tuesday, I surprised the girls with mani pedis. So fun to be able to do this with them!
Then we rushed over to get back to school haircuts. Adrienne decided to go for a bit shorter look. She was so cute afterward, "Mom! My hair looks just like Aunt Meggie's!"
Also on this day, Jillian purchased lip gloss with her money and I looked in the backseat as we got ready to leave the Target parking lot and saw this. The fun is just beginning with these girls!
After haircuts (yes, the same day!), we went to the Rivera's for dinner. The girls loved spending time jumping around in their bounce house.
On Wednesday we went on a grand adventure. I decided to bite the bullet and take the girls up to the American Girl store at the MOA. They were SO excited! They loaded up their dolls, Felicity and Samantha, and we were on our way.
I have to say that this experience was way more fun than I imagined. The cafe was darling and the girls were mesmerized. We had a fun lunch, got the doll's hair and nails done (yes, really), and then went back to the cafe for dessert where the girls decorated cupcakes for themselves and their dolls. Total girl heaven!
As long as we were at the MOA, I let them do a few rides before we headed home.
I had to babysit my "granddaughters" while the girls rode rides.
When we got home, I had an early birthday surprise on my doorstep--a huge box of mini gourmet brownies from the orthodontist office! That's customer service!
On Thursday (my 39th birthday), we started the day with donuts at Daube's with the Tauntons. Jack was my little buddy, gave me birthday hugs and lots of grins.
We went to the RAC to workout, then to Pasquale's for lunch, then headed home for a bit of rest and some play with Charlie and Elise. At 4:00 we were in position for meet the teacher. The grand reveal showed that both girls landed wonderful teachers! Adrienne got Mrs Davidson (J's first grade teacher) who is one of my favorite people ever, and Jillian got Mrs O'Neil, a former first grade teacher at our school who moved to 3rd grade this year. She has a wonderful reputation and Jillian was excited to get her.
After we visited classrooms and dropped off school supplies, we headed to Newt's for a birthday burger and a meet the teacher debriefing.
And of course, I decided on Flapdoodles as my birthday dessert. Was there any other choice?
On Friday afternoon, the Taunton kids came over for one last end of summer playdate
Matt got home late Friday night, and came bearing gifts for the girls. They love souvenirs!
Oh, and this birthday girl also got a belated gift. I was jumping up and down when I saw this box! Gorgeous sparkly earrings were inside! (I immediately forgave him for missing my birthday)
On Saturday, Adrienne and I managed a last minute shopping trip just for her for a few school clothes.
We also tried out some online yoga
On Sunday evening, we met the Olsens to try out a newish local pizza farm. We had the most wonderful, idyllic evening with friends, delicious pizza, and lots of farm animals. Really magical.
On Monday, we spent the day hanging out at home and getting ready for school. It was a long day of waiting and anticipating this new start. What a crazy, full summer jam-packed with precious memories! Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment