template

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Summer Fun--Week 8

I've got some catching up to do. Week 8 of summer involved the beloved Quarry Hill Nature Camp in the mornings to kick off the month of August. This was the first year that Adrienne was old enough to go, and she was SO excited! She had a great time, as did Jillian. Somehow I have no pictures to mark this most favorite summer camp experience. You'll just have to trust me.

Other fun that was had...lots of pool time. First at the RAC on Tuesday, then at the Country Club on Wednesday. The bonus for Adrienne is that her friend Annabelle was in town from NYC (they are halfway through a 2 year fellowship there and then returning to Rochester), so she got to swim with her both days. Matt was working late on Wednesday, so I caved and let the kids enjoy dinner poolside.

Jillian was supposed to be "enjoying her dinner", but instead kept giving me her disproving frown over the fact that I wanted to hit the Farmer's Market before they closed at 6. It's rough being 7, or so I am told.

We also had a little time at the school park this week. My monkeys had the place to themselves.

We had a slow weekend at home, and we really needed it. Neither Matt nor I felt well, and I think we were just all so tired from the whole madness of July. Late Saturday afternoon, Adrienne went with Matt to drop something off at work and Jillian elected to stay home with me. We decided to take a walk together and I think this is something we will do more often. I am fairly sure that Jillian's love language is quality time (especially when it's 1:1 with a parent). She had me as her captive audience for her millions of questions. She is a thinker, that one. Also on this walk she told me that I am "sometimes annoying" to her, and "I just want to be independent, Mom". Ya think?

We rallied enough Saturday night to go to the Country Club Fireworks (rescheduled from July 4th b/c of weather). As usual, it did not disappoint. Perfect weather, fun kid activities, good friends, and the most spectacular fireworks show I've ever seen.















On Sunday, we had another lazy day. Well, except for Adrienne, who decided to draw the world's largest Elsa on our driveway. Pretty sure she succeeded.



No comments:

Post a Comment