At 38.....
-I love strong coffee with a bit of milk--two cups of it first thing in the morning are necessary before I eat or drink anything else. My Starbucks order never changes--always a grande 2% latte, no flavors ever. If it's summer and the afternoon, you can bet that order will be slightly tweaked to an "iced latte with extra ice". Yes, I am that girl.
-I love to read, and I love a good goal. This is why I push myself to read one book (at least) per year of age, and write them all down. You can read my book list here. I mostly read on my Kindle because I am faster that way, and I love the ease/simplicity of carrying lots of books in one slender device. Plus, most of my reading is done late at night, and this way Matt doesn't need to hear pages turn as he tries to sleep. He often pokes fun of my excessive reading and lately said he isn't sure I ever sleep because I am reading when he goes to sleep, and then as soon as HIS alarm goes off in the morning, I'm the one who wakes up and starts reading. One of my simple pleasures of life is reading by the light of the Kindle when the house is quiet and the day is done.
-I like Beautycounter, Noonday, and other companies who are trying to do good in the world and for people's bodies while also making products I truly adore. I love graphic tees, coffee cups with quotes, and never drive without my sunglasses.
-I love to shop and am learning to be a thoughtful consumer as opposed to a 'rabid accumulator' (thanks, Beth Moore, for that one). I my heart of hearts I want to be a Minimalist, but like most everyone else in our culture, often feel overwhelmed by all the "stuff" we have. I love to give gifts, especially when people aren't expecting them. I also love labeling the contents of such gifts with Post-It note explanations of why I bought the item.
-Cooking is my passion and I am still rambling about it on the food blog. I think the Instant Pot is the greatest modern invention, and have successfully pared down my gadgets so that I just have one ice cream scoop and one pizza cutter. Because minimalism. I love to cook for my husband (not my kids--they eat nothing!) and for friends. One of my greatest joys is taking meals to people. The grocery store is my happy place, and my pantry is the bane of my existence (messiest spot in the house).
-I am a champion of laundry, organized packing for trips, and using hand sanitizer. It's good to know one's skills. I have great disdain for the school pick up line process, but am not ready to throw the girls on the bus, so I soldier on.
-I love a nice dinner out, complete with drinks, apps, coffee, and dessert. New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is always my wine of choice, don't give me any from California they don't know how to do that variety. I love a citrusy IPA with my whole heart, Sunday Brunch with a bloody mary from Chester's, a Marvin's burger from Newt's, and ice cream at Flapdoodles (coconut macadamia and chocolate in a homemade waffle cone, please).
-I am addicted to boot camp at the RAC and never want to stop. I have muscles and I am proud of them and the sweat it took to build them. I want my girls to focus on being strong, and not skinny.
-Our piano is my favorite possession and it brings me great joy to play it and learn new music. I still love to sing, and you will find me on the worship team at Bible study and filling in with the church band when needed. I love loud music in the car, and take requests from the back seat.
-Grace is a concept I struggle to accept and to give. God and I are working on that.
-I love being home with my girls and understand the blessing in that choice. I love making Matt coffee in the morning and sending him off for the day with a lunch I packed, no matter how June Cleaver that sounds. I am right where I want to be and wouldn't change a thing.
Cheers to 38!



38 was my favorite age! You make it look fabulous!
ReplyDeletei love this post-you are an amazing lady-so proud to call you my friend!
ReplyDelete