template

Monday, June 20, 2016

Last Day of First Grade

Finally, on June 9th, we hit the last day of school! Jillian was both happy and sad, as was I. She is ready for summer, but truly LOVED Mrs Davidson. She really is the best, and she totally spoiled me in terms of teacher expectations. Jillian grew so much this year, really by leaps and bounds. She is an avid reader, great at math, awesome story writer, and curious science investigator. I couldn't be more proud of the student she is.

Obligatory last day picture


Compared to the first day picture, of course




Here she comes, second grade!

She wanted me to take a pic of her special hairstyle she created for the last day of school

Adrienne and I pulled up to the last day for pickup a bit early--just in time to observe the 5th grade parents outside the side doors lined up to 'clap out' the 5th graders to middle school. They let them out a bit early for this. I was surprised to find myself watching them and crying. I get emotional on the last day of school, I guess. And I couldn't help thinking that in just 4 short years, I'll be standing out there clapping my 5th grader to middle school. Oh boy. Enough of that...here come the kids, ready for summer!!!



I happened to snap a pic of Jillian hugging Noah goodbye, and can't stop giggling at Jamal and Ethan watching this. The looks on their faces are priceless!

All done with first grade!

Approaching the line of teachers waving goodby to everyone. I love that they do this. Yes, it makes me cry, too.

We love you, Mrs Davidson!!!

Mrs Davidson gave the kids each  a cute magnet frame of her with each child. Jillian is so proud and has this in her room on her magnet board.


As is typical for us Howes on big occasions, we went out to dinner (Jillian chose Mr Pizza this time)...and then we Flapped. Yep, we go to Flapdoodles for ice cream so often that now we have turned this activity into a legit verb. After dinner Adrienne said, "OK, let's go Flap!"

Cheers to our official start of summer!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you girls .Jillian you have really grown since that first day of school. Next time i come to see you I need to go to Flapdoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you girls .Jillian you have really grown since that first day of school. Next time i come to see you I need to go to Flapdoodles!

    ReplyDelete