template

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fire and Ice

The girls' favorite game right now is one they made up. It is probably inspired by a love of FROZEN and superheroes in general. It is always the same. Adrienne is "Ice Girl" and Jillian is "Fire Girl". They each have the powers you would expect, and they designate special areas in the house as their "ice castle" or "fire castle". Adrienne gets into this the most and will come running through the house to find me to warn me--"Watch out for fire girl! She is trying to get me! I will save you with my magic ice powers!" The funniest part of all of this for me is that Adrienne constantly wears hairbands around her wrist (usually several at a time), and she swears they are her magic powers. If she runs low, she gets a little nervous and has to restock. She insists they will save her so the 'mean boys don't catch me'. I don't know how she came up with this idea, or who these "mean boys" are, but I'd sure love it if I could guarantee that wearing hair bands around one's wrist would protect my girls from all pursuits of boys for the next 20 years.

In other news, I have been a bit perplexed by how quickly Adrienne seems to be outgrowing clothes that Jillian wore later than this. Adrienne hasn't really seemed any bigger to me, aside from their body shapes just generally being a bit different. I remember Jillian just starting to wear 4T when she turned 3, and Adrienne is wearing a girls 4 for sure and some 5/6 dresses and shirts. So I decided to look back and compare stats from 3 year visits (man this blog is handy for that), and wouldn't you know? Adrienne is 3 lbs heavier and 3 entire inches taller than Jillian was at 3. Maybe she will be the tallest woman in our family someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment