I was delighted when my dear friend, Melanie (brief history: met in OT school, bridesmaid in our wedding), texted me many months back and asked if they could come for a visit over the 4th. The Krumsicks last came to visit 4 years ago (also over the 4th), so we had lots of catching up to do! They arrived from Omaha on Thursday evening and the 4 of us celebrated our reunion by clanking glasses of dirty martinis while the kids got acquainted. We enjoyed lots of food, laughs and late late nights over the next three days (us old people need time to recover...3 a.m. is just too darn late!) as we enjoyed one another's company, played yard games, tried to master Hanabi (fun new card game Matt bought) and battled over the board in Ticket To Ride. The girls did really well together all in all (a few bumps are inevitable when we are talking about this much estrogen--4 girls between us), and it was tough to say goodbye Sunday morning when they rolled out of here and headed south. A few photographic highlights....
 |
| Decked out in USA attire |
 |
| With Kelsey (9) and Avery (5) Click here to see pics of the girls the last time we were together....pre Adrienne! |
 |
| My one attempt at festive food. The kids were delighted by this. What would I do without Pinterest??? |
 |
| Rolling out the slip n slide for some holiday fun |
 |
| Here comes Avery |
 |
| A and K try it backwards |
 |
| See that pointer finger cocked back? Ready to give a directive. |
 |
| I see you, Matt, Greg, and Melani |
 |
| Wish my cheeks looked this cute hanging out of a swimsuit! |
 |
| 4 friends in a tiny baby pool |
 |
| Obligatory post-swim ice cream cone. |
 |
| Jillian was really excited about the fireworks she had selected |
 |
| A view of the kubb field Matt mowed. We are getting lots of use out of the game he and his dad made the week before |
 |
| Checking out the spread for the show later |
 |
| Matt gave Jillian permission to go out into the tall grass and explore. All I could think about were ticks. |
 |
| Avery was a bit worried about Jillian |
 |
| Love these pics of Avery |
 |
| Pretty sad that the only pic I got of Melanie and I was this selfie I took just before dusk. |
 |
| After a long, long wait, it was finally dark. Jillian got help with her first sparkler |
 |
| Watching Matt's "show" |
 |
| Love this--hands in ears and A was helping with her flashlight. She was VERY worried about being outside when dark and kept asking to go inside. I finally gave her a flashlight and a job (to help Daddy see inside the fireworks bag) and she was much better. |
 |
| Adrienne tests out a sparkler |
 |
| Not sure what this face was for, but I find Matt's expression hilarious |
The fireworks show lasted about 10 minutes too long, because we went from happy girls to total meltdowns in that time. Both of mine were whining and crying, and Jillian totally lost it in the shower when she realized we forgot to sing "Happy Birthday" to the USA. Total sob fest. So, there the 4 of us were in the bathroom singing it before bedtime. Doing our best to raise patriotic kids I guess.
 |
| Cute pic of Krumsick girls peeking down over the living room |
No comments:
Post a Comment