-She and I were driving in the car yesterday and we drove past a Wendy's restaurant. I do not frequent Wendy's (Oh, but a frosty sounds pretty good!), nor have I ever taken my children to Wendy's. Adrienne said, "What's dat over dare, Mama?" I told her it was a restaurant named Wendy's, to which she replied, "Oh yeah, I went dare when I was a wittle girl". And this morning, as she descended the stairs with Jillian (who was holding her Dorothy doll). "Hey, Jee-yan! Is dat yo Dorfy doll?" Jillian affirmed that it was in fact, her Dorothy doll, and then Adrienne said, "I had one of doze when I was a wittle girl!" I guess she has been paying attention to all the conversations Jillian and I have been having about the things I did, toys I had, movies I saw, and places I went as a little girl.
-Matt came home from work to find Adrienne (as usual) dressed in her Sleeping Beauty (aka Pwincess Auwowa) dress. He really made over the outfit and told her how lovely she looked, and what a beautiful dress she was wearing. Her response: "Thanks! I made it." Clearly she has been listening to Jillian showcase all the inventions, crafts, and pictures that she makes.
She doesn't miss a beat! =)
ReplyDelete