template
Friday, July 12, 2013
Good Point
I am really tired of hearing myself tell Jillian to stay in her seat at dinner. I often threaten to take her plate away if she gets up one more time, but then of course the next time she gets up is something legitimate (like bathroom use) and so I feel I can't follow through. Without going on and on I will just say this is maddening to me. The bottom line is probably because the mess under her chair is more than Adrienne's mess and is due to her constantly getting up, wiggling, etc. It makes more crumbs, and I am all done with crumbs by this time of day. We are working on having her bring her dishes to the sink when she's done and clean up her place. Normal 4 year old stuff. Tonight, however, she put me in my place as she so aptly answered my exasperated question, "Jillian, WHY do you have to get up so many times during dinner? Can't you just stay in your seat until you are through???" "Well, Mom, you get out of your seat A LOT during dinner". Oh dear. I bit my tongue (hard) to keep from spewing all the reasons I get up and why I don't want to get up and how I really just want to sit and eat in peace, but I have to continuously help and serve everyone else. Whew. Instead I smiled and said, "Yep, you're right. It's because I have a job to help everyone at dinner. I think I should do my job and that you should work on your job of staying in your seat so you can eat healthy food". "Got it, Mom!" Still waiting for her to get it...and still laughing to myself about her observation. Yet another reminder to me that she is watching me. Every single move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment