Jillian officially started her second year of preschool today. She was beyond excited, waking up extra early to choose her clothes carefully. Getting her outside to take a few pictures before we left was like pulling teeth. I told her I wanted to take a picture outside of school when we got there, like I did last year, and she sighed and said, "Mom, no more pictures". Geez. Teenage levels of exasperation toward me already.
Adrienne wanted to be a big girl, too. I was proud of Jillian for offering to let Adrienne hold her lunch box while we took pictures and in the car on the ride to school.
| Your turn will come soon enough, Adrienne! |
| Matt told me I had to do my "I'm so glad summer is over" Mommy pose. Hip-hip hooray for more structure to our days! |
Jillian spent her morning in Mrs. Leif's 3 year old class, went to lunch buddies, then had Spanish this afternoon. She had a great day, and told me all the important stuff: "We had recess and a snack". On Monday she will return for Art in the morning, lunch buddies, and then Jr Gym in the afternoon. Tuesday brings her back to Mrs Leif's 3's in the morning, lunch buddies, and Discovering God's World (science) in the afternoon. I hope the variety will keep her challenged and engaged. We will adjust if needed.
You are probably not surprised to learn that she was pretty tired tonight, and had a big meltdown at dinner. Thankfully, she was quite pleasant at bedtime, and I got lots of warm fuzzies watching the girls snuggle and read together in their jammies. I love to watch their bond grow.
I found it so sweet (and a little sad, maybe?) to hear Adrienne periodically (often) call out "Jee-yee-uh!" throughout the day. She obviously missed her sister....until she came home and tried to take her toy away. Gotta love the female drama in our house. Happy first day, Jiji!
No comments:
Post a Comment