template

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Larry


We have a new "friend" in our house, in the form of a gnome. Larry (as I have named him--aptly so as the nickname for Lawrence) was a birthday gift from a friend, and will soon take his rightful place in the garden. Matt and I were so excited about this little KU guy that we took him out of the box and set him on the mantle. Jillian was already in bed, so we thought it would be fun to see if she noticed him. I was not surprised to find her grilling me early the next morning.
J: "Hey Mom, come here! What is this little guy doing?"
Me: "Oh, that's Larry. He came from Kansas to live with us."
J: "Why is he up there?"
Me: "He heard you've been having a hard time listening lately, so he decided he'd come watch you for awhile."
J: (without even a second of hesitation) "Mom, his eyes are closed."
Oops, so they are. Score yet another point for Jillian. In a weak attempt at a comeback I fumbled around and said, "Ummm, well, that's so he can concentrate on listening to your behavior."
 Wake up, Larry! There's much to be seen around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment