template

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dad and Me

Matt and Jillian attended their second annual "Dad and Me Sports Night" at her preschool last night. I didn't mention the event to Jillian until a couple of hours before because we weren't sure Matt would be home in time to go. All worked out, so she got a nice surprise when I told her to hurry and put her KU shirt on and get in the car. We met Matt in the parking lot at preschool, where he quickly ditched his suit jacket and tie for a KU hat, and the two were on their way for an hour of sports-themed fun.
Jillian would never have known if they missed this event. Matt easily could have skipped it, seeing as how it was his first crazy day back at work after the Rome trip--and I did give him that out. I love that he made it work anyway. My girls have one fantastic dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment