A couple of noteworthy events from today:
1. Jillian received her first unofficial haircut. From me. I took no pictures, because as I said, it was unofficial. She has this one piece of bang that makes her look like an unkempt ragamuffin if not pinned back. Despite our efforts every morning to style it appropriately, it is always hanging in her face (hair accessory nowhere in sight) whenever I pick her up from school or other activities. Today I got so fed up with the dance that I gave her a choice--leave the hair accessory in, or let me cut your bangs. To my utter shock she said, "cut my hair, Mom". So I did. She is clearly disappointed because when we were telling Matt about it at dinner tonight she said, "But Mom, you didn't make my hair bigger when you cut it!" It seems we had a miscommunication...
2. We ran to Target after preschool to grab a few forgotten groceries. Jillian struck up a friendly conversation with our checker, and the two discussed the weather, where the checker's son moved to, the beach, stickers, and siblings. Yep. All of that in about a two minute interaction. I literally burst into laughter at the end when I heard Jillian casually say, "Could I have the eggs in a separate bag, please?" as the checker scanned the carton of eggs. It is a request I always make, and she clearly has been paying attention.
Did you just grab a few things at Target? ; )
ReplyDeleteGot to love the things kids say. Those quotes are priceless!