template

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

29 Week Appt


This morning I headed downtown for my 29 week appt, with an added bonus of an ultrasound. Dr. J. ordered it after I measured a bit small on my last physical exam a month ago, just to be sure #2 is growing appropriately. I am happy to report that she is doing just fine, and is plenty big for her gestational age. After all measurements were taken, the sonographer gave us the stats: overall measures around 30 weeks, and is in the 79th percentile according to my original June 25th due date (this fuels the fire for me...I still insist that date is correct and that we WILL have a June baby). Weight is estimated at 3 lbs 12 oz--this is much bigger than I imagined, probably because whenever I think about a 29 week baby, I think about all those 2ish pounders I saw in the NICU. What a relief to know she is doing great and growing well. We came away with a few new pictures.

Her sweet profile. You can also see her fingers up by her face (she kept brushing her forehead with them during the US). Matt is convinced she looks just like Jillian already.

Front view of her face (see the open eye on the left?). You can see her forearms are up by her face as well.
 A foot--looks like a big one!
After the ultrasound I had my appt with Dr. J, who reviewed the results and concurred that our baby is doing just great. My weight was up about 2 1/2 lbs, which puts my total weight gain around 21.5 lbs. Blood pressure was nice and low at 90/58,and baby heartrate measured at 132. I'll return in 3 weeks for another visit. I feel like this pregnancy is flying by!


2 comments:

  1. I felt like my 2nd was over before I knew it. So glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is flying by. Getting so excited to meet her. She is so sweet already.

    ReplyDelete