While it's true I'm having quite the love affair with ice cream during this pregnancy, I have a new love that is perhaps a bit better for my physique.
Yes, that is a picture of my leg adorned with a knee-high compression stocking. Sexy, I know. I got a prescription for these hot little numbers at my last OB appt because of some varicose veins I've developed this pregnancy. The stockings help reduce the discomfort and ease any swelling, and also have a handy little side effect of helping to prevent blood clots. Since I am not really interested in horrible varicose veins or a blood clot, I'm all in. I went to the special little Mayo store that serves the sole purpose of fitting and selling these gems, and I left a new woman. I was worried I'd feel constricted and uncomfortable with them on, but as soon as the the store employee put these on me, I was instantly in love and there's been no going back. My legs feel more energized, and they are so much more comfortable than I imagined. I can tell a huge difference in how I feel on days when I don't wear them, and I much prefer to have them on. Of course I might feel differently when summer arrives and I want to wear shorts and flip flops.....
That's hot sister! = )
ReplyDelete