template

Monday, February 28, 2011

22 Week OB Appt

I headed to the OB clinic this morning with my unexpected companion, Jillian. I generally try to get care for her on OB appt days, because I usually have to wait awhile on Dr. J, and it is usually stressful to take a 2 year old to a dr. appt, whether it's for them or  not. She was under the weather today, so had no choice but to accompany me. The sickness created a bit of a subdued demeanor in the wild child, so it actually worked in my favor. She was relaxed in the stroller, eating snacks, and making sure I behaved when I was on the exam table. Because I have a raging sinus infection that won't go away, I got a more thorough exam that included listening to my lungs, looking in my ears, etc....all that stuff that happens when Jillian goes to the dr. Her eyes were fixed intently on me, and she complimented my behavior at the end with a "Mommy's a big girl, mommy gets a sticker!". She perseverated on the sticker piece long after we left, and just couldn't understand why I didn't get a Dora sticker for my good behavior.
Baby-related facts are as follows....
-BP was 102/50
-Weight gain this month was a hefty 6 lbs (oops...), bringing my total weight gain thus far to 13.5 lbs.
-Baby heart rate was good (no number given), but a bit difficult to find given her activity level. Yep, we've got another mover and shaker cooking in there! Jillian really liked hearing her sister's heart beat for the first time.
-Now begins the belly measuring (pubic bone to top of uterus) and I measured at 23 cm....pretty right on, if not a bit big for gestational age
Dr. J. gave me a second antibiotic to try for this nasty sinus infection, instructed me to take Benadryl at night so I could get some rest, and wrote me a script for some compression stockings (sexy!) thanks to some varicose veins that are already rearing their ugly head (I don't remember having them with Jillian, and if I did, I certainly didn't have them at only 22 weeks and never needed stockings). I'll go back on March 23rd for the routine glucose tolerance test and another appt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment