template

Monday, June 26, 2017

Summer Fun--Week 2

Here's how we spent the second week of summer:

-Living it up at the salon. Time for pre-wedding haircuts. Adrienne loves the whole salon experience. Jillian tolerates it at best.

The end result. LOVE.


-Jillian went to a youth event at church for 3rd-5th graders. They raced minnows, had water balloon fights, and played "drip, drip, drop" (variation of duck, duck, goose with cups of water). She came home high on sugar and life.



-Adrienne's stuffed animal collection is so vast that I am not sure where she sleeps.


-Matt spends his evenings on the couch in the basement recovering from whatever crazy workout he's done that day. He tried these "leg squeezies" at the Ironman race and decided he wanted them for Father's Day. They improve circulation and recovery time in your legs.


-I decided to try doing a Bible study with the girls this summer. She Reads Truth is a great resource, and so I bought the workbooks for a Romans study. I have the mom version and they have the Kids Read Romans book. Seems to be right about their level, and so far they are loving it. I am also doing prayer requests with them, which Jillian finds ridiculous, and Adrienne loves. They both love the smoothies I make before we start.

-Since we were to be in Maryland on Adrienne's actual birthday, we decided to celebrate early as a family so she would have time to open and enjoy her gifts from us. We decided that Matt would take her out for a couple of hours to run errands, grab pizza, and then come home to a surprise party that was planned and orchestrated by Jillian. The resident party planner was all over this idea. She was busting at the seams as we waited for the birthday girl to return.

-Successful surprise!

Adrienne asked for a cat. This was the best we could do.


Adrienne joined the American Girl Doll club, and Felicity joined our family.

Perhaps the best entertainment of the night was watching these three wait for the Hatchimal to hatch.



Mom's homemade brownies and ice cream hit the spot!



No comments:

Post a Comment