template

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Summer Fun--Week 1

We got back from Madison on Monday evening and did our best to settle into the first full week of summer. I'm not going to lie--it's not easy. Jillian especially likes a full schedule, and she likes to know how we are spending every second of our day, long before that day actually begins. She also hates to be "bored". And by bored, I mean that someone isn't entertaining her. It takes us awhile to get into this new groove.

Matt took Adrienne to TaeKwonDo on Wednesday night, and Jillian and I decided to bake a pre-bedtime snack to surprise them. She made some beautiful whole wheat chocolate chip banana muffins. She was so proud!


On Thursday morning, I loaded up a car full of friends and took this crew to a community ed class called "Be Prepared, Not Scared". It was about home safety, as the precursor to the 'home alone class' they offer when the kids get a bit older. We picked up Kaia and Thor, and then went to get Charlie. I got an earful in that car. Lots of fun conversations going on.


Neither of my children drink coke, but Jillian has been obsessed with finding her name on a bottle. She was chagrined to find not hers, but her sister's, on a bottle at Target. I must say I was also surprised!

We spontaneously decided on another outdoor movie night. I sent a few texts on Thursday afternoon, and Friday evening we were deep in prep, praying that the storms moved out. Thankfully, they did, and we had a wonderful evening with friends and neighbors watching Finding Dory, enjoying Matt's popcorn, and watching the kids run wild after wayyyyy too much candy. This is the good stuff of life.









Today, Father's Day, Matt left bright and early to race in the Rochesterfest Sprint Triathlon. He told us not to go. I listened, and we stayed here and made a big brunch for him. I was bummed that we didn't go, however, as he came home with a medal for 2nd place in his age division! And he got 8th overall! This guy is really on a roll. He has made huge lifestyle changes these last two years and it shows. So happy he is getting in a groove with some passions he enjoys.


Hugs from Jillian after a sweet card.

Adrienne orchestrated a game to help Matt decide which card he opened first.

Laughing at this silly guy--we told him not to touch his gift (he is known for feeling gifts and then guessing them correctly), so eh decide to try and open it with his teeth.

A special sign to hang in the workout room and display all his medals.

Adrienne went upstairs this afternoon and said she had to work on a "project". She came down later with a special picture for Matt.

Matt ready to carb load with his requested dinner--fettuccine alfredo, plus homemade asiago rolls, shrimp cocktail....and a salad just to feel virtuous. We sure love this guy and are thankful for him. I couldn't ask for a better 'girl dad' for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment