Jillian started 2nd grade today! She thought this day would never come, and by last week was BEGGING me to take her to school. I suppose there are bigger problems. Anyway, she was up and at 'em and came downstairs to show me she had done her own hair--made a braid in her bangs. She also asked to borrow my "special giraffe necklace" that she gave me in Kindergarten for Mother's Day. I of course obliged. It looked perfect with her outfit selection.
While she was excited to go to school, she knew she'd need some safeguards against the typical first day jitters. In addition to wearing my necklace, she asked to put a family picture in her backpack. Be still my heart.
I tried to get a picture of her as she was leaving the car, but she had no time for that. She was focused on the goal and nearly jumped out of the car! I did at least get a kiss.
She came home to say she had a great day, but "Second grade isn't what I expected". I still haven't figured out exactly what she expected, but I do think school just got real...she now has a school issued planner that she has to write her homework in every night. Say what??
No comments:
Post a Comment