template

Friday, May 27, 2016

Mother's Day

An incredibly belated blurb about Mother's Day...

I woke to the traditional donuts in bed and two little ladies begging me to get out of bed and come outside for a big surprise. I followed them into the yard and tucked into our landscaping on the front right corner of the house was our very own fairy garden! They are so excited about this and wonder if any real fairies will come to live here this summer. We shall see...



We all went to church, and then took a nice little stroll through the Plummer Gardens before our brunch reservations at the Country Club. I got the girls each a maxi skirt this spring, and they LOVE wearing them. They are starting to dress like me (note J's cardigan over her tank top and A's long necklace) and I can really see some individual style choices come through as they select outfit combinations.



Also, as mentioned before, Jillian is doing her own hair. So there's that.

Somebody looks like her daddy

And somebody looks like her mom...





Family selfie.




The dessert table is always the highlight of any meal at the Country Club.



In addition to lots of homemade things and some generous shopping money (for my girls day with Jenni) from Matt, the girls each selected a card for me at the store. Jillian gave me a real grown up card. She was so proud and it was so sweet--Matt said she toiled over the decision and then insisted that this was the one.


And true to form, Adrienne brought the humor.




I took a nap, read some magazines outside while sipping a beer, planted my front flower pots, and then boycotted cooking in favor of leftovers for dinner. It was a beautiful day spent with my three favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment